European agri-production is faced with several challenges (globalisation, increasing competition, price volatility, low incremental crop productivity, climate change…) whilst the demand for food and feed is increasing. Moving from business-as-usual agriculture to sustainable farming is a complex process that involves reshaping the role of the farmer from a mere producer of food and commodities, into a “wise manager of the natural capital”, requiring a transfer of innovations and skills in the areas of sustainability, digitalisation and bio-economy. More production from sustainable agriculture and forestry in a circular economy loop are needed, requiring knowledge transfer as well as completely new skills at the levels of agriculture and forestry.
FIELDS is an Erasmus+ project with a purpose of providing strategies and training in the fields of innovation in agriculture and forestry, with particular emphasis on sustainability, digitalisation and bio-economy.
Main objectives are:
- Identify global trends and skill gaps
- Design a strategy at the EU and Country level to improve the skills
- Provide training material and training pilot to implement these strategies
- Allow transferability of the skills among EU countries following European frameworks (ESCO, EQAVET and so on)
- Provide sustainability and awareness of the project after the project ends
Please contact Giulia Fadini at in case of questions.