APPLY FOR BLUE SKY YOUNG RESEARCHERS AND INNOVATION AWARD EUROPE 2021
With this award, we aim to stimulate competition between students and young researchers carrying out projects in a wide range of activities relevant to forest-based science, products using forest- based raw materials, process improvements or other innovations throughout the value chain.
The award is not only about research and development; it is about innovation and about being inspirational, interesting and moving towards the bioeconomy.
The shortlisted candidates will attend a personalised public speaking training with an experienced English mother tongue coach, will have the opportunity to publicly present their research to Paper & Beyond digital conference participants and network with an exclusive group of industry experts and executives via our online networking tool. The laureates will pay a visit to one of the Cepi member companies and will be automatically submitted to the global ICFPA contest 2022-2023.
Eligibility criteria, Application and Selection process
The eligibility criteria for research students are the following:
• To be under 30 years of age
• To carry out research work which could revolutionise the pulp and paper and forest fibre industry in a green and sustainable manner
• To be currently working under the supervision of a European research institute or university (regardless of nationality, no need to be a EU citizen to be eligible) or be doing research in companies along the pulp, paper and board value chains
• To be fluent in English with good presentation skills
Potential candidates are expected to submit the following material:
• A curriculum-vitae
• A support letter from their research centre, university, company
• An abstract of their research/innovation topic
• A 180 seconds video of themselves presenting their research/innovation topic
The selection process is conducted by a jury composed of representatives from industry, European institutions and the scientific or academic world.
The applicants who put forward the eight best proposals are invited to present their project – in terms of methodology, innovation, feasibility and expected impact – at the digital edition of Cepi annual conference (Paper & Beyond) in front of industry experts and executives. The shortlisted candidates will attend an online, personalised public speaking training with an experienced English mother tongue coach, and network with an exclusive group of industry representatives via our online networking tool. The laureates will pay a visit to one of the Cepi member companies and will be automatically submitted to the global ICFPA contest 2022-2023.
You can submit the application form by 30 September 2021 here.
Download the full description here.